[mythtv-users] Switched from ATI to Nvidia. AGPGART problem

Adam Propeck adam at propeck.com
Thu Jan 19 19:08:34 UTC 2006

Ouch. so my thinking that the little skips and pauses when I first start
playback of an HD recording, or when I resume play from a paused playback of
HD are related to the AGPGART are probably vain hope. I didn't know what
could be causing the slowdowns and the couple of seconds to get the playback
going smoothly. It's not a terrible price to pay, but it is kind of
annoying. I had switched to that 6200 Nvidia card, and hoped that the 3100
Sempron would be more than enough to smoothly play this content. I am
following your guide almost to the letter Jarod. I don't think I missed any
steps anyhow. I'm also setup suid on mythfrontend, so I figured that might
give me a little speed edge.