[mythtv-users] AC3 and/or S/PDIF (again)

William Lewis minutemaidpark at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:01:05 UTC 2006

>From: Adam Propeck <adam at propeck.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] AC3 and/or S/PDIF (again)
>Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:56:13 -0600
>
>So if I only show /dev/dsp and /dev/adsp in my device list, does that mean
>don't have Alsa support compiled in? I'm not seeing anything other than
>those two devices. I assumed that /dev/adsp was the ALSA device.

I have to manually type in ALSA:default for audio device, and default for
mixer device.  (Or whatever, same as mplayer's device argument, e.g. mplayer
-ao alsa:device=default == mythtv ALSA:default).  Myth detected that I had
ALSA automatically, and IIRC, /dev/dsp does actually map to ALSA:hw0,0.  But
don't quote me on that.  Try aplay -L for a list of ALSA devices available
on your system.

Will