[mythtv-users] Fusion remote working?

Kirby Bakken kirby at magnaspeed.net
Thu Jan 19 15:54:14 UTC 2006

David Engel wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:07:38PM -0600, Kirby Bakken wrote:
>

>>lircd --device=/dev/usb/hiddev0
>>[...]
>>What am I doing wrong? Or what else can I try?
>>

>You also need the "--driver=dvico" option when running lircd.
>
>David

I tried that, no dice...  on Gentoo, just having this option:
LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=dvico" in /etc/make.conf is enough to configure
the lircd driver to use that driver.....  at least it appears that way,
all the eratta that lircd spits out seems to show that...  regardless,
if I do this:

lircd --device=/dev/usb/hiddev0 --driver=dvico

and then run irw, I get nothing.  I guess I'll have to give up and go
'back' to my old irman serial ir receiver....