[mythtv-users] No audio (usually) - Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!

William Lewis minutemaidpark at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:26:02 UTC 2006

>When running mythfrontend and watching live tv, I  get about a half second
>of sound, followed by 5-20 seconds of silence,  another half second of
>sound, etc.  Mythfrontend is print out  "Audio buffer overflow, audio data
>lost!"  I can play a previously  recorded file after installing mythvideo,
>and "cat /dev/video0 >  foo.mpg" produces a video file that plays correctly
>with sound.   Xawtv doesn't work yet, but I just installed it for the first
>time and  doubtlessly screwed up the configuration somewhere.

Erik, I'm getting the exact same type of problem.  Is your output analog or
digital?  Is it to PC speakers or to a receiver?  Everything works fine when
I turn off AC3 passthrough, by the way, except (as I said before) the 5.1.
I don't see the buffer overflow error, though.  Maybe these two are related,
maybe not.

Will