[mythtv-users] Fusion remote working?

Kirby Bakken kirby at magnaspeed.net
Thu Jan 19 05:07:38 UTC 2006

Hasn't anyone gotten the Fusion remote working?  And comment on what my
problem might be?  Or do I have a defective IR receiver?

I posted this a couple of days ago as 'LIRC Problem, Fusion5 Gold'

I too am having an lirc problem.... I'm running gentoo 2.6.14-r5 kernel.

I've emerged lirc 0.7.2 with LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=dvico". I
recompiled the kernel with
<*> USB Human Interface Device (full HID) support
│ │[*] HID input layer support
│ │[*] /dev/hiddev raw HID device support

I've tried both with and without the 'HID input layer support. Here's my
dmesg output:

usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [DVICO DVICO USB HID Remocon V1.00] on
usb-0000:00:0b.0-2
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver

ls -l /dev/usb/hiddev0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 180, 96 Jan 17 06:54 /dev/usb/hiddev0

I run (as root):

lircd --device=/dev/usb/hiddev0

ls -l /dev/lircd
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Jan 17 16:01 /dev/lircd

At that point, I do an 'lsmod' and there are no differences
(before/after running lircd), and there are no drivers with 'serial',
'usb', or 'lirc' in them.

If I run irw and point the Fusion remote at the IR receiver... I press
buttons on the remote, and the 'send' light on the remote flashes as
long as I'm holding down a button, but NO output from 'irw'....

What am I doing wrong? Or what else can I try?

Thanks!