[mythtv-users] Miserable time installing Mythtv

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 19 04:11:50 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 20:02, Maverick wrote:
> > 64-bit should be fine again, there were a number of patches I back-ported
> > to the 0.18 tree, from which Axel rolled new packages which seem to be
> > fine for all AMD64 users that have tried them thus far.
>
> Awesome! Does that mean, since I installed individually, I'm screewed
> now

What do you mean by "installed individually"?

> or can I just install myth-suite and it'll make everything happy?

Installing mythtv-suite won't work, since it doesn't explicitly require all
the latest components, meaning having any 0.18.x version installed satisfies
its deps. Probably best to specifically request each package to make sure you
get the latest. If you happen to have i386 packages installed on x86_64 (rpm
-q --qf='%{name}.%{arch}\n' \*myth\*), you may have to remove them first.
Keep in mind that all your settings are in your db, so entirely removing
everything and then reinstalling won't cost you anything (and you can install
mythtv-suite, in that case).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com