[mythtv-users] Installing new Firewire card

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:55:28 UTC 2006

I have been using my motherboard's firewire ports with the VIA chipset and the firewire recordings from my SA-3250HD cable box have been unreliable.  Some times they work fine; sometimes mythbackend shows No Input for 15 seconds message and nothing records.

I recently purchased a card with a TI chipset and wanted to know the best way to start fresh with 1394.  I am running FC3.  Any particular steps I should take?  Thanks for your suggestions.

Drew