[mythtv-users] ProjectGrayhem-wide theme version 1.2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 18 23:16:45 UTC 2006

Kirby Bakken wrote:

>Appologies for being dumb, but how do I 'see' a new theme to be able to
>choose it?  I untar'red the ProjectGreyhem-wide tarball in the themes
>dir, updated myththemes.pro, ran qmake myththemes.pro, make install, and
>can see the theme in /share/mythtv/themes...  then I start mythfrontend,
>select Setup, Appearance, and don't see any it as a choice in the Theme:
>selection box.....  All the faq's imply that all I have to do is what
>I've done....

You should be able to just untar the theme into the appropriate
directory.  (Shouldn't it be /usr/share/mythtv/themes or
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes, though?)  No messing with the install
scripts required.

My guess is you didn't get a complete/proper "install" with the changes
to made to the scripts.

Mike