[mythtv-users] lircrc questions -- was: playslist for recorded tv?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 18 15:56:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 07:57:14PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > in the "watch recordings" menu, it's possible to select a recorded
> > program, push the right button, and then select "add to playlist".
> >

> After you tag a few recordings, hit the MENU key and you'll find a
> few things you can do with the playlist.

ah.  Now I understand what was going on.  The Menu key was named
improperly in my lircrc -- lirc sees it as "Menu/i" and it was called
"Menu" (this is on a pvr-350 w/ a black/silver remote).  Now that
I'ver enamed it I'm getting the playlist menu when I'm in the "watch
recordings" screen.  Thanks everyone!  I still don't see a way to move
things around in the playlist etc, but this is already a major improvement.

while we're on the subject of lircrc...  I have a couple of questions
about it.  I'd really like to map my "play" button to the "play"
function, which is currently mapped to "Ctrl+P" in the mythweb
bindings interface.  But I can't seem to figure out how to write
"control-P" properly in the lircrc file.  "Ctrl-P", "Ctrl+P", and
"\P", all seem to fail.  There are a couple of other control keys in
the standard keybindings; I'd like to be able to map them as well, if
possible.

in addition...

I've had to reboot several times lately (mostly because of a buggy
power cable, I think), so I've noticed something I mightn't otherwise.
When I boot up, I autologin the mythtv user from gdm, which runs a
minimal wm & starts mythfrontend directly.  The first time I do
this after booting, mythfrontend doesn't seem to receive any
keypresses from the remote (though I can check with irw that the
remote is in fact sending, and lircd is up and receiving).  If I
/etc/init.d/gdm restart
then things seem to work fine again.  Anyone know what the deal is
with that?  Do I need to modify my init scripts somehow perhaps?

thanks again,

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094