[mythtv-users] Looking for high WAF in-wall speakers!!

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:41:12 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 22:28, Meatwad wrote:
> Richard Bronosky wrote:
> > I'm also under the impression that "enclosure less drivers" suck.
> > Unfortunately in this home renovation form comes before function.  I'm
> > going for the Wife Acceptance Factor.
>
> They do for lower frequencies. If you are renovating, you can build an
> appropriate backbox within the wall. Just get the correct volume for the
> in-walls you select. Many manufacturers offer a backbox but the cost is
> usually outrageous.
>
> Or as I mentioned early, if budget allows, go with the Triads. Every
> in-wall/ceiling they make is boxed. The sound is phenomenal.

you can also build a subwoofer into the floor. It was an option I gave my
parents to do this for the home theatre room being built into their remodel.

If your tearing open your walls you could build your own enclosures for in
wall speakers. Volume distribution matters little and MDF and speaker
stuffing is cheap. Pick up a copy of the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook, it will
give you all the formulas' etc you'll need.

--
Steve