[mythtv-users] Entering USA Cable channels into the DVB tables

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Tue Jan 17 22:41:35 UTC 2006

OK, this works fine now.  Thanks for those who helped.  I did the following:

1. Upgraded to latest SVN.  0.18.2. didn't work well with the HD5000 for
me.  In particular, the channel scanner didn't find anything.
2. Ran the myth channel scanner, which found the channels and named them
things like "99#1" and "100#2".  That populated the dtv_multiplex table.
  (Actually, it failed to find one of my channels for who knows what
reason.  I knew its frequency and serviceid from the dvb utilties, though.)
3. Used mysql to edit the channel entries that I really want to use (the
ones corresponding to the lineups from zap2it).  I changed the mplexid
and serviceid in the channel table.
4. Used mysql to delete the now-superflous rows ("99#1", etc.) from the
channel table.

Now if I could just get 1080i out of my video card I'd be 100% happy.
I'm watching 1080i video that mythtv converts to 720p and then my TV
makes 1080p.  Well, it looks way better than NTSC, so I'll continue
fighting that battle another day....