[mythtv-users] Missing header files LIRC on FC4

Luke lukes790 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:30:11 UTC 2006

I have a situation here, while trying to compile and install lirc from
source on FC4.

   - I have downloaded the latest kernel source for FC4 and it's
   installed at:
     /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.14/linux-2.6.14/
   - I made a symbolic link like so:
   ln -s /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.14/linux-2.6.14  /usr/src/linux
   - running the script ./configure for lirc is successful
   - the make command generate errors, the first of which is:
   error: ../drivers/media/video/bttv.h: No such file or directory
   Further errors below that are probably due to the missing bttv.h and
   similar files.

I know the so-called missing header files exist at
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.14/linux-2.6.14/drivers/media/video/* . Where
is make looking for the header files. This looks straight forward but, I am
lost. Any ideas?