[mythtv-users] Advice on adding second capture card

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:39:23 UTC 2006

On 17/01/06, Paul Barker <myth at sixtimesnine.net> wrote:
> Excellent, thanks for the advice. I've been looking at the Nova-T cards
> today. With the above in mind I think I'll schedule an FC4 upgrade in
> the next couple of weeks. I already upgraded from FC2 to 3 in the middle
> of last year when FC2 went legacy so it shouldn't be a big hardship.
>
> Is there any additional information I need to know to get the Nova-T
> going or is it just a case of the right modules ?

The cx88-dvb modules are in the FC4 kernel, so the card should work
out of the box (assuming it's a newer 90002 Nova-T). I'd recommend
using atrpms to get around the ivtv drivers clashing with the kernel
DVB drivers as the ivtv drivers are renamed in the atrpms version to
specifically avoid this.

udev rules might need to be edited to ensure the DVB devices are
created with the correct permissions, but apart from that, you
shouldn't expect any biggies.

Nick