[mythtv-users] Advice on adding second capture card

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Tue Jan 17 19:01:44 UTC 2006

I have a similar setup. a celery 2.4, with a 120gb drive just for the
recordings, using a pvr250 to capture from sky. I added a second card,
a win tv nova-t dvb card, and unless I'm ripping a dvd at the same
time, it happily records 2 programs and watches one at the same time.
This is with a backend/frontend on the same system.
If you're thinking of going freeview, I would make the move to FC4
now, as my nova-t worked out of the box on FC4, but needed much
patching on FC3