[mythtv-users] Compiling Mythtv on an Xbox error?

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Tue Jan 17 18:24:07 UTC 2006

As far as I know you don't need to have all of the machines on the same
subnet. There's a file you edit (sorry, don't have access to any distcc
machine now) that has a list of available hosts. Just put the names or
IP numbers in there. No need for DNS if you use IPs.

One machine (typically the one launching the compile) acts as the
controller. The other machines need to have either the distcc daemon
running or have it set up properly in xinetd.

When you kick off make, distcc on the local machine looks at the list of
 distcc servers, and parcels out the work.

-Pete