[mythtv-users] Conexant CX23880/1/2/3

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Tue Jan 17 08:50:06 UTC 2006

jan wrote:
> What kind of capture card is Conexant CX23880/1/2/3? I have tried all
> variants, but it makes no difference,

  All this means is that you have a card with a CX88 family chip on it.
There are dozens of variations on CX88 based cards, the linux CX88
driver has this huge table of cards in it, that handles all the variations.

  Id be checking the dmesg output at boot/module load time to check your
card is actually being properly detected.

>I just get noise on the screen, so
> I assume the real problem may be that I haven't got the channelse set up
> correctly.

  One of the differences between CX88 cards is the tuner. On analogue
you could very well get static if the broadcast decoder bit is running
(The CX88 chip) but the driver has failed to setup the tuner to a valid
TV transmission.