[mythtv-users] Shouldn't XvMC be faster than Xv?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:13:49 UTC 2006

XvMC is currently working AFAIK, I've got SVN from about 3 days ago
and it seems to be working just fine for me.

My rig is a XP 2500 with an FX 5200.  What kept dragging me down was
the configure script actually recognizing the Nvidia drivers.  I tried
with XvMCW, but it rarely worked (probably my fault due to little
understanding of how it works), so I removed the wrapper lib and
ldconfig'd, and finally successfully had the configure script finding
libXvMCNVIDIA as the XvMC lib.  From there is was all smooth sailing.

I'm running Gentoo (lastest emerge sync emerge world ~x86), Nvidia's
latest GLX and Kernel modules, and outputting to a 61" Samsung DLP
over a VGA port.

If I can help, I'd be happy to.

Good Luck!

Chad