[mythtv-users] following jarod's guide, missing packages?

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 02:46:51 UTC 2006

Travis:

At a rather early screen during the set up process, there should have been a
selection for the type of use to which the computer would be put: something
along the lines of "server" "workstation" "desktop" and "custom" (or
something close to that).  You needed to select "custom" as the type of set
up.  Otherwise, the installer only allows you to see options relevant to the
type of computer you are setting up.  My guess is that you selected
"workstation" or something along those lines, which assumes that you need a
minimal GUI/graphic environment.

Hope this helps.

George