[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Debian - is it dead?

drbob drbob at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 02:21:27 UTC 2006

I'd really like to try out mythtv. However my only option would be to
run the backend on my debian server (the frontend would be on a dual
boot windows/linux machine).

The problem is my server runs debian stable. I could countenance an
upgrade to etch but not to sid (I can't trust sid with my email and
filestore). Is there be a package for debian stable or etch in the
pipeline? The webpage of the new package maintainers is down
<http://debian.video.free.fr/> and I can find no info on the list since
the announcement a month ago of the new repository.

It's beginning to look depressingly like I would need to switch
distributions to use mythtv :-( Any suggestions on what to do welcome.

--
drbob