[mythtv-users] Re-record a show that I tell to stop recording?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jan 17 01:54:44 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 12/01/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In tryng to test some things I've told Myth to stop recording a show then
>> asked it to begin recording it again but it doesn't do it.
>>
>> 1) I'm having it "record only this showing"
>> 2) then I stop the recording
>> 3) then I go to that shows recordings property page, set it to not record,
>> save the setting
>> but it doesn't.
>>
>> I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong, but how can I get it to again
>> record a showing that I previously told it to stop recording?

Yep. You should press Enter on that showing from the conflicts
page or any other scheduling page (epg, proglist, etc.) and click
"Reactivate". You don't need to remove the rule and make a new one
or add an override, just reactivate.

If you stopped or deleted a recording in progress, the scheduler
needs to keep track of this fact so that it doesn't restart the
recording each time the scheduler runs or restart it if the master
backed is restarted. Reactivate is specifically for this situation
to tell the scheduler that you want to start recording again.

> I'm wondering if it is not scheduling/recording it again because the
> showing has been marked as having been recorded already, even though
> I would also browse the 'previously recorded' listing and erase the
> entry and see if this cures the problem if the above suggestion
> doesn't.

In current SVN, this would actually work. The recstatus is now kept
in the oldrecorded and the the scheduler checks this. Removing the
item from Previously Recorded causes a change to be signaled so the
scheduler runs and there is no recstatus of the current showing. So
unless there is a later showing that it could record instead, it
would restart the current showing.

For 0.18.x or earlier, this would not work as the state was held
in the memory of scheduler.

--  bjm