[mythtv-users] Scheduler Not Resolving Conflict

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jan 17 01:52:00 UTC 2006

Derek Battams wrote:
> The scheduler has marked Letterman in conflict for tonight, even though
> it could resolve the conflict by choosing a later showing of Colbert.
> If I add a manual override and force the later showing of Colbert to
> record then the conflict resolves itself.  Why doesn't the scheduler
> fix the conflict itself?  Judging from what I see, the scheduler should
> have recorded the 2am Colbert on Tuner 2 to allow Letterman to record
> at 11:35pm.

You are using a version from before Oct 5th 2005. This is probably
fixed in http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7391 though the
description doesn't specify this obscure case.

For yucks, try temporarily raising the channel priority for
286 by 1 in TV Settings->Recording Priorities->Channel Priorities.
This should change the 03:35 and 05:00 showings' total priority to 8.

--  bjm