[mythtv-users] Setting up an FAQ for LiveTV changes

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 16 22:12:51 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:

>On 16/01/06, Michael Fox <fox.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 1/16/06, John Andersen <jsamyth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Thats why FAQs are done now isn't it?
>>>

>>Good idea.
>>

>Any single source of correct, concise and timely information is a
>bonus in my book.

 ii) the 'misinformation' that they may include (I've been put in that

>bracket too - only by trying to help out fellow users when useful
>information doesn't exist). I don't think a lot of the misinformation
>is written intentionally either, it's usually a user wanting to help a
>fellow user but not having the same level of comprehension as the
>devs.

And often the 'misinformation' is not untrue, but just not applicable to
the precise situation. The inclusion of the dvb modules in the kernel is
one area which has competely up-ended the state of affairs which existed
at say, kernel 2.6.4...

Geoff