[mythtv-users] playslist for recorded tv?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Jan 16 02:43:13 UTC 2006

What i am suggesting goes outside the mythtv gui, but you could make a
playlist at the command line, it is just a list of the files to play in
text format and one file per line. Call the file, say, kidsplaylist, and
put it in the directory where mythvideo files are kept.

Then set mythvideo to play that file with a custom mplayer command line
that includes this:

mplayer -playlist %s (and all the other mplayer options you use by
default)

then to play the kids playlist you go to the mythvideo interface and
select kidsplaylist, and the shows will play.

Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>