[mythtv-users] cut commercials only, no transcoding

Cymen Vig cymenvig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 02:26:02 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Steve Briggs <zzybaloobah at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>
> BTW, what does the seektable do?  I've played around some, trying to
> figure out my transcoding problems.
<snip>

It only applies to MPEG2 -- I think MPEG-4 incorporates that
functionality into the file. I can't answer what exactly it is besides
the guess that it keeps track of the key frames so fast forwarding and
rewind results in clear pictures instead of pixel blobs upon unrelated
frames (just my guess based on my experience -- I don't know the file
formats but nobody else has replied to that query).