[mythtv-users] mythfrontend laptop linux distro???

Stuart Fox stuart at dontuse.ms
Sun Jan 15 21:35:09 UTC 2006

> I need some opinions here please.
>
> I'd like to install a linux distro on my laptop for daily usage and for a
> mythfrontend. Question is what is the best suitable distro for my laptop.
> tried suse in the past, but I hate all those "missing dependencies" with
> installing rpms. Gentoo is great (my backend is running on it), but the
> emerging of kde errored after compiling of a complete day!!! So not an
> option for me anymore. Knoppmyth is more for a cd frontend and not
> appropiate for my dual booted laptop I think.
>
> How's fedora nowadays..... is it the same story as with the dependencies
> of
> suse?
>
> Some experiences are welcome
>
> Regards
>
> Rick

My personal fav is linuxfromscratch, you make the system to exactly how
you want it.

I would steer clear of RH based distro's (centos, mandrake,suse etc) and
probably go for debian is i HAD to use a distro

Stuart

capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?