[mythtv-users] Is anyone successfully using a Pioneer DVR-110D to burn from mythburn?

Thomas R. Bruce trb2 at cornell.edu
Sun Jan 15 17:38:32 UTC 2006

Folks:

I won't waste bandwidth chronicling all the twists and turns here, but I
am having a very difficult time getting a Pioneer DVR-110D drive to burn
using mkisofs.  A quick recap:
1) Yes, DMA is enabled and working.  Transfer mode preferred by my setup
is UDMA4, but changing to SDMA makes no difference.
1a) Yes, there's an 80-wire cable on the drive.
2) Yes, cdrtools is up-to-the-bleeding-edge and built from source on my
machine.
3) Trying different media (Fujifilm DVD-RW and Maxell DVD-R) does
produce different results.  I can get a burn to complete on the Maxells
by throttling the speed down (via speed=1 to growisofs), but it won't
burn full speed.  The DVD-RWs always fail at the same place, around 33%
of the way through.
4) Size does not matter -- a 1 hr. show or a 7-minute manual grab
behaves as badly as a (requanted) 2-hour movie.

I can post long logfiles and specific errors if anyone thinks it'll help
them.

All the best,
Tb.