[mythtv-users] Live TV recording as if it was a scheduled recording

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:23:39 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/14/06, Mudit Wahal <mwahal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Kevin,
> >
> > I'll give you one example of the koolaid gang trying to force their
> > koolaid on others.
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/138384
> >
> > The attitude is my highway or the high way. It has been quite apparent
>
> dude, i read that thread and at most what i got from it was that some
> dumbass couldn't get myth to work with his setup so he loves the
> iolink because no muss. no fuss.  that is fine with me.  all i know is
> you gotta be retarded to not be able to get myth to work.  either that
> or you made a mistake when buying hardware.  or you didn't research
> enough.

[Sorry guys, I've to change my tone so the koolaid gang can
understand. Seems like that's the only language they understand]

dude, I think you have no idea how it works (myth backend and frontend
and uPnP streaming etc). Just be happy with your crappy 480i tv out
from your god given pvr 350 and shut up. You were dumb enough not to
figure how to get a decent tv without hand holding.
Just because you are happy with a noisy jet engine in your living room
with a crappy svideo out, doesnt mean entire word has to suffer the
same misery along with you. Just because you made some dumb decision
doesnt mean others dont have enough intelligence to figure out a
better and easier way to do thing.

[Again apologizes to non-koolaid gang]