[mythtv-users] Live TV recording as if it was a scheduled

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jan 14 22:21:12 UTC 2006

> It does seem I have a problem expressing myself as only
> Chris Pinkham has understood what I am looking for
> so far:
>
> A method to tell how much stuff I can dump on the disk until
> it is full without expiring semi-important shows that are marked
> "autoexpire".

I think the information you are looking for is already there
in the "AutoExpire List" section on the status page.  If you
cursor right when on "AutoExpire List", you'll see detailed information
at the top of the page which includes the total number of recordings
that can be expired as well as the disk space they are consuming.
I calculate the total number of LiveTV recordings and their disk
space in the code but evidently forgot to display it, so I just
committed that change to SVN.

> Yes, that is not the problem. Telling in advance how much it will
> expire is.

So, this is already visible from the status page and if you update
to SVN HEAD, you can see how much of that used space is taken up by
LiveTV recordings.

--
Chris Pinkham