[mythtv-users] Live TV recording as if it was a scheduled recording

Johan Venter johan at vulturest.com
Sat Jan 14 09:37:12 UTC 2006

Dag Nygren wrote:
> As it doesn't change any logic in Myth the patch is trivial
> and even I can do it if anyone is interested.

As it doesn't make any difference to whether your disk fills up quicker
  what is the point?

LiveTV recordings are automatically expired to make way for scheduled
shows and to keep the minimum amount of disk space specified free ....
I don't understand why so many people are complaining about this?

MythTV is a PVR and should treat your hardware as such. This is the way
PVRs work.

The only change that anyone will notice with the extra recordings is the
added functionality of having the LiveTV recording group, and possibly
an average over-all increase in disk usage (which if you are not
recording anything shouldn't change, and if you are will keep increasing
as per usual).

Set it up properly and it shouldn't cause you any grief. It seems a lot
of people are having a conceptual problem here.

Johan