[mythtv-users] Myth Remote Control

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jan 13 22:10:35 UTC 2006

James Oltman wrote:
> How have you mapped your xine or mplayer to your remote using your
> keyboard?  I would LOVE to do this but would like to know how you
> mapped certain buttons.  Thanks!
What I've done is made sure that the xine and mplayer keyboard commands
match the keyboard commands I have programmed (like P = Play, etc).  I
believe they both have files you can configure to change behavior.
Mostly they all seem to work out ok for basic functions (ESC = exit, P =
PLAY, etc.) and I think I had to use one extra button on my remote
(SPACE = STOP) to get mplayer working right because the P = PAUSE
command that the man page said would work, didn't so I needed SPACE.

Kevin