[mythtv-users] Unknown Symbol __libc_csu_init

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 13 20:30:05 UTC 2006

2 questions:

1)   Has anyone run across a problem where mythbackend and mythfrontend
fail on launch with an error "Unrecognized symbol '__libc_cus_init'"  ??

I made svn version 8529 about Monday evening and it failed with that
error, after making cleanly.
I downloaded and made svn version 8565  and it similarly failed.
This was on both the desktop machine AND the mythbox at home.

2)   How can you tell *exactly* which revision you are running?  After
the prior problems, I was browsing and saw a reference to dependency
errors caused by yum, and ended up at atrpms, so I installed smart and
did an update/upgrade. Myth was one of the packages which was updated
among the 600Meg of download.

NOW, mythbackend and mythfrontend start cleanly. The status tab reports
version 19-20051208-1. The latest rpm at atrpms is the 18.1-117 build.
SO, did running smart actually 'downgrade' from the then installed svn
version?  (I put downgrade in quotes, since it was actually a step
forward!).

I'm going to try again with svn 8602...but any assistance/ideas would be
appreciated.

Geoff