[mythtv-users] 1080i & Mitsubishi WS-48311

Jason Kraftcheck jkraftch at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:33:36 UTC 2006

I haven't been able to find a working modeline for 1080i display on my
TV.  My TV is a Mitsubishi WS-48311 (48" rear-projection, Mitsubishi
2003 model series).  Is there anyone who has a working 1080i modeline
for this TV?

I've tried defining my own modelines and I've tried a bunch of modelines
I've found in messages to this list and on various web sites.  For all
of them, the initial nVidia logo is is wrapped around the screen (it
begins near the right edge of the screen and wraps around to the left
edge) and for most there are some additional artifacts in the logo
display.  Once myth starts I have a vertical white bar down the center
of the screen, but the image is correctly centered (not wrapped).
Display of the actual (NTSC) TV content is not wrapped around, but the
vertical white bar persists and for some modelines only the first frame
is displayed while the audio continues correctly.  I have no problems
when outputting video at 480p.

My setup:
  Debian testing
  Mythtv packages from ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat
  nVidia driver version 1.0.7174
  X.org X server version 6.9.0
  Video output using a VGA to (RCA) RGBHV breakout cable
  Mitsubishi WS-48311 48" rear-projection TV

I assume the problem with only the first frame of video being shown is a
bug in either the nVidia driver or the X server.  What about the
"vertical white bar" problem?  Is this a problem with: the modeline, the
video connection, some software, my TV?

I'd greatly appreciate a verified working modeline for this particular
TV so I can determine if the problems I'm encountering are due the
modelines I've tried or not.  Otherwise, any insight anyone can provide
into the specific problems I'm encountering would be helpful.

thanks,

- jason