[mythtv-users] Playback not remembering where it got to

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:05:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 23:22, Chris wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 20:57 +0000, Ben Edwards (lists) wrote:
> > When I was using knoppmyth if I watched a recording and exited before
> > the end when I went back into the recording it resumed from where I
> > left.  I am now using mythtv on gentoo and when I resume watching it
> > always starts from the beginning.  Is there a setting somewhere that
> > makes recordings resume from where they were last watched until?
>
> While watching a recording, with enter/space you can add an index. When
> you return to the recording it will begin were you last set the index.

you can also force MythTV to display a window asking if you want to save your
position when you exit, then when you playback it will ask if you want to
playback from the beginning or the bookmark.
You can also have it automatically clear the bookmark next time you play or to
have to manually clear it.

> There is also a setting with always keeps the index if you quit a
> recording. Don't know by hart where that setting is, but it's there
> somewhere:-))

I forget too. which makes me think....

--
Steve