[mythtv-users] Questionaire: What do you have your case powerbutton do?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:09:36 UTC 2006

> You must not have small children.  My power and reset button just make a
> clicking sound - cause I disconnected the wires to it! Even my littlest figured out
> how to hold the button for 4 seconds to power it off.
>
> It turns on by IR remote, and shuts down cleanly by IR remote. If I have to force
> it off, I pull the plug.

Well my small[ish] children show no inclination to turn off anything
[lights, taps, televisions ...]  so I havent' had to worry about the
power-button on my myth box, which does a contolled shutdown of the
machine.

I'd like to know how you turn your myth box on using the IR remote
though.  I'm using the IR receiver that came with my Hauppauge Nova-t
and IFAIK I can't use this for powering up [I'd be happy to be proved
wrong].