[mythtv-users] Linux newbie strikes again... PVR-150 not outputting to X300...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 12 04:03:07 UTC 2006

obscure information. wrote:

> I've been working on my mythtv install for a bit now, but I've
> encountered an issue now that everything is more-or-less configured.
> I've got a PVR-150 that appears to be configured properly, based on
> the fact that I can tune in channels and view them on the monitor.  I
> can also view the output from my ATI X300 video card using the
> proprietary fglrx driver on my TV without issue.
>
> When I start the myth frontend, I can see my initial menu (i.e. watch
> tv, setup, etc.) on the TV and the CRT at the same time.  As soon as I
> select "Watch TV", I get a blue screen on my TV and the output shifts
> solely to my CRT.  Going back to the previous menu, bringing up the
> guide, and the like all result in the picture reappearing on the TV.

Your video card's drivers--like all of them I've ever seen--only
supports Xv on one display.  The other display shows the Xv color key.
To put the video on the TV (and the color key on your CRT), you need to
rearrange your displays.  If you don't want the color key on the CRT,
you need to re-think your configuration.

Mike