[mythtv-users] How to KEEP mythtv running when user exits

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Wed Jan 11 19:40:55 UTC 2006

I don't know why everyone keeps focusing on restarting myth, when what
is actually needed is to solve the root cause as mentioned here:

"But when my wife/kids exit from the top menu by mistake (one too many
exit button presses) they're left at the befuddling command prompt."

All you need to do is tell the front end that the key to quit the front
end is different from the "exit" key. This is done by going to
Settings->General, and on the 4th screen, the top item ("System Exit
Key"), change the key that is used to exit the front end to something
other than Esc.

		--Matt