[mythtv-users] Problems with detecting duplicate recordings due to subtle detail changes

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:35:29 UTC 2006

On 11/01/06, Peter Dash <peter.dash at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is something that I've found annoying as well so I think it's a
> great idea :)
>
> These look a lot like Radio Times listings in the UK (which I'm using
> as well) and I'm not sure it affects any of the other grabbers - I
> know for example that while I was using the EIT listings from DVB
> these subtle differences didn't exist. I went back to the Radio Times
> listings for the better descriptions and categories and just live with
> having to do a bit more manual pruning of the recording schedules to
> weed out the duplicates that aren't picked up which is a pain.
>
> Peter.

Yeah it's the radiotime's stuff.
This sort of problem might also apply to people who fill their
database from more than one source.

I'm thinking about a script to modify the database after
mythfilldatabase is run and set inconsistant information to one of the
options. Will have to do a bit of investigation about exactly what
mythfilldatabase does and on what conditions.

Ant.