[mythtv-users] PVR 350 all of a sudden static

Steven Willis onlynone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:03:51 UTC 2006

> Sounds like tuner module problems.  Although you could fix it, wouldn't
> it be a lot easier to buy a composite or S-Video cable?

Well my cable box has only coax and composite out, and the pvr350 has
only coax and svideo in, so I'm kinda stuck with coax. I actually like
this solution because I use the composite out from my cable box to go
to a switch box on top of my tv. The coax out from my cable box goes
to the mythtv box, and the composite out from mythtv goes to the
switch box. That way I can watch tv regularly by selecting the cable
input on the switch box, and avoid the crazy delay involved in going
though mythtv. Then if I want to watch a recording, I select the
mythtv input on the switch box.

Plus... the tuner was working like 2 days ago, I don't see how it
could not work now. I've been playing around with different frequency
tables, but nothing seems to work.

-Steve