[mythtv-users] Upgrading mythweb to svn HEAD but not the backend

Darryl Ross spam at afoyi.com
Tue Jan 10 22:08:46 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I have a three machine mythtv network here: the master backend, a
dedicated file/database/web server and a combined frontend/backend. The
backends are using the 18.1 RPMS from atrpms.

I have just tried to update my mythweb to the current version that's in
SVN (rev 8554) but when I try to load the pages up I'm getting:

> User Notice at /home/httpd/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 163:
> Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=22, backend=15)

(Assuming the error message is accurate) is there a way to get mythweb
to use an older version of the protocol? If not, what revision will work?

I'd prefer not to update the backends at the moment, as they are working
fine and I don't have a lot of time to try to fix things if they break...

Thanks
Darryl