[mythtv-users] question about RAID

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Jan 10 11:56:28 UTC 2006

There's no technical reason that should stop  you expanding a raid-5
array  - do it at work all the time with hardware scsi raid controllers,
tho the mdadm might not allow you to do it. I believe some of the
broadcom based raid cards allow OCE.

It's also one reason to use LVM on top of raid... add 3 more disks in a
new raid array, add it to the volume group, and expand the file system
onto te new space.

This article is a good read
http://home.gagme.com/greg/linux/raid-lvm.php