[mythtv-users] Ian's neat shell script for verifying working channels

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 11:26:00 UTC 2006

Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> says:
> I replaced the task with a small shell script.

Nice; I have it running now. Notes for others:

* Obviously, change the paths for test-mpeg2 and 6200ch.
* You'll want to modify the 2 in the following line:

        ${GETCH} -r 2 > /tmp/testscan.${channum} &

to whatever node your FireWire connection is on. When I added a second
cable box, my FireWire connections rearranged themselves and are now
on nodes 1 and 3 versus 2 previously.

My cable provider does not encode any channels over FireWire with 5C,
so I'm more curious as to what channels will show up that I didn't
know about.