[mythtv-users] NFS suggestions under heavy load?

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:26:35 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:

> I suspect that the answer to this question is, "Don't do that, then,"
> but in case anyone has any suggestions:

This list just went over finetuning nfs last week.  Search for it.  And try
reading the man page for nfs (e.g. 'man 5 nfs').  Your corruptiong problem
is due to nfs using udp by default.  The man page for nfs has the details on
why you should use tcp.  And increasing your rsize and wsize on a 100mbit
connection would see performance gains.  The nfs man page has suggestions on
that too.

--
-J