[mythtv-users] MythTV Hanging on Video Exit via xvmc-vld

Sam Davies sam.jc.davies at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:31:58 UTC 2006

Hi there

I have a EPIA SP13000 which was running FC4 with the RPMs from
http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/FC4/RPMS/ with mythTV using via
xvmc-vld mpeg2 decoding, and despite a few glitches, all was fine.

I then needed to update X, and did so with yum update xorg-x11\* (with
the epia repositories set up as detailed). Although xine still seems
to work fine with the mpeg acceleration, mythtv plays video fine with
acceleration, however, when you try to exit watching a video, a half
blue, half black screen is shown for a couple of seconds. The system
then returns to a half-rendered myth screen, but the system seems to
have hung.

I have tried getting the latest version of mythtv from svn and
recompiling, but the same problem occurs.

I seem to remember reading about something similar about this on one
of the mailing lists a while ago, but I can't seem to find it.

My X log doesn't seem register any errors at the point of crashing.

Thanks in advance

sam

kernel: 2.6.12-1.1447 (with drm module)
X: 6.8.99.903-0