[mythtv-users] Sempron 3100 lag when viewing HD from 6200 STB

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Jan 9 04:36:32 UTC 2006

Adam Propeck wrote:

> Running:
>
> Sempron 3100
> 512 MB DDR400
> ECS Nforce 3 MB
> ATI FireGL X1 -128
> Sound Blaster Audigy 2
> Hitachi 8mb cache 7200 RPM 250GB drive.
> Fedora Core 4
>
> Source:
>
> Charter cable via Moto 6200 STB (Firewire)

> The regular channels come thrugh perfectly. When I tune to an HD
> channel however... I get a  TON of lag. I've got Linear filtering on
> and OPen GL Sync. What could I have setup incorrectly?

Define lag

Does the recording have issues (if you play it back somewhere else is
the same problem exhibited)?  This indicates a problem in the writing of
the recording to disk.

Does this happen on playback of a recorded program?
Does this happen only when playing LiveTV?

There are alot of possibilities here and more detail would help.

Kevin