[mythtv-users] Cannot watch Live TV screen remains black

Dave mythtv at 1000angrybadgers.com
Sun Jan 8 00:49:43 UTC 2006

I followed Jarod's guide to setting up MythTV on FC4.  The problem I am having is that when I view live TV I cannot see the picture but I can hear the sound.  I was able to record both the video and sound using this command:  cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg

I am using a PVR 150 and the video is coming in on a composite cable.  I have tried setting up using composite 1 and composite 0 in the mythtv setup with the same results.  Once I have tried to watch TV I cannot exit out and I am forced to reboot.  Any ideas?

Dave