[mythtv-users] MythDVD fails to rip a disk

Mark Anderson ma.skies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:05:42 UTC 2006

Well, I'm feeling stupid now, just some missing directories and permission
issues.  It helps when you find the logfiles.

I don't know how to organize the HOWTO information, but it seems like it
would be good to make some very simple, pretend I'm a moron HOWTOs, so that
your gutsy smart non-Linux guy could go through the whole process. I picked
Ubuntu kind of at random as my dist, I did know I wanted a Debian based
system, but I guess Linux still has far too many choices. :)

I do know a good bit about Linux, but it's been a couple years since I had a
box around the house.  I got rooted with the WSFTP bug in 2000 on my home
box and decided to keep out of Linux until I could keep up with the security
updates.  Things have changed a bit since then.

It seems to be working now.

-Mark