[mythtv-users] HD-3000, FC4, PVR-250/500

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 19:49:33 UTC 2006

Chris Lynch wrote:

> On 1/7/06, *Chris Lynch* <lynchseattle at gmail.com
> <mailto:lynchseattle at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/7/06, *Dylan R. Semler* <dsemler at macalester.edu
>     <mailto:dsemler at macalester.edu>> wrote:
>
>> I removed the extra lins from my modprobe and am trying to
>         slim down
>> what's still going wrong.
>>
>> Hrm I keep feeling I'm pretty close, but then seem to uncover
>> something else.  Has anyone been able to compile
>         linuxtv-dvb-apps
>> under FC4 or know of an RPM source?  I can't run azap or
>         anything yet
>> as I can't get it installed since GCC4 seems to have a
>         problem wit the
>> sources.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris
>>

>         I found that the dvb-apps cvs worked much better for me than
>         the stuff
>         packaged on the HD-3000 website.  Try it from cvs:
>
>         cvs -z3 -d ':pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv'
>         co -P dvb-apps
>
>         Also, if it helps, this thred got things going for me:
>         http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1128
>         <http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1128>
>

>     Great!  Thanks for the tip! Just got it compiled and am going to
>     try out azap.
>

> Thanks to everyone so far - so here's where I am:
> - I have gotten tzap to pick up a station
> - I have successfully done a cat from /dev/dvb/... while using tzap
> and have played it back in mplayer.  Yay! At least I know the card
> works now!  Huge relief...
>
> The last step seems to be getting Myth to bring up an HD station.
> When I do it goes to a black screen and bombs back to the menu.  I'm
> wondering if this is a default station problem perhaps?  I'm not sure
> what notation I should use for setting a default... ie. 25 or 25_1 for
> example.

have you scanned channels in mythtv-setup? Mythtv is a separate setup
from the azap, etc.
Running azap (or tzap) to obtain channels.conf is great to make sure you
have the card working and getting the right channels for your location.
But, setting up the channels in mythtv requires scanning in mythtv-setup.