[mythtv-users] mythtv svn: livetv buffers and recordings forced to live in the same directory...mythweb recorded programs page goes way down performancewise if you channel surf too often

Michael Freeman mythtv at mlfreeman.org
Sat Jan 7 19:28:18 UTC 2006

why were livetv buffers and intentional recordings put in the same directory
and / or why aren't my livetv feeds being deleted on exit (since they become
worthless to me at that point)?

I just noticed that such a change explains why 6 days of frequent channel
changes on livetv (partially due to having tuning problems with an ivtv
driver revision and partially due to me exploring the unencrypted digital
cable world with my new pchd3000) made my mythweb recorded programs page go
straight to hell performance-wise.  there were who-knows-how many entries (4
recordings and a load of now-worthless residual livetv buffers)...i think i
got them all, but the page is still slow as hell.