[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

Brian Edmonds brian at gweep.ca
Sat Jan 7 05:09:59 UTC 2006

On 1/6/06, Piers Kittel <mythtv at biased.org> wrote:
> Stupid question I think but why not use OSX and the MythTV OSX frontend?

For me, on my Mac Mini running mythTV, that would be because I can't
stand the OSX GUI.  I used a powerbook for a year at work, and finally
switched back to a Thinkpad tablet recently so I could run Debian with
ratpoison where I'm much more comfortable.  Likewise when I recently
bought the Mini I never ever booted OSX, but immediately wiped it and
installed Debian.  I thought iTunes was pretty cool, but it's only a
minor application for me, and not worth the rest of the GUI pain.
YMM(and probably does)V.

Brian.