[mythtv-users] File system benchmark

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 7 03:05:27 UTC 2006

The delete-big-file would be a good benchmark to see.  I also thought it
might be time to switch to JFS but I saw the comment at the bottom about how
the author noted he would stick to XFS.  Looking at some of the benchmarks,
XFS doesn't seem to be all that much slower in the tests that it doesn't
win.  Not too many apps go about creating and deleting 10000 files.
Besides, I know nothing about JFS - is it resizable and such as XFS is?